Easily visible from Huaraz and from the Callejón de Huaylas valley, it has one of the largest glaciers due to its gentle slopes that help snow accumulate on its slopes. It is the 6000 m. easier than the Cordillera.
About the tour:
We took the bus to Vicos. We begin the ascent to Base Camp passing through a dense eucalyptus forest. The west slope begins along a well-laid path, gaining altitude. The view of the valley becomes notorious the cultivated fields of the town of Vicos. Next to the Legiacocha 4600 lagoon is the Base Camp.
Ascent to Camp 1 of the Cup passing through the "Canaleta" with eventual stone falls, reaching the southern edge of the glacier to set up camp. Wide panoramic view.
The route takes the immense glacier avoiding deep crevasses but with gentle slopes, the last 50 m to the top are the most difficult. Return to camo 1 then to Base Camp.
Includes and does not include
- Transfer Huaraz- Vicos IN-OUT
- UIAGM-AGMP Mountain Guide and Aspiring Guide group of more than 4 climbers.
- 4 season tents, kitchen tent, dining tent.
- Lunches included, dinners, breakfasts
- Acemilas from Vicos to Base Camp, Legiacocua IN OUT
- Porter for the Copa collective team.
- Huascaran National Park tickets