Lagoon Huallcacocha Trek
Full Day Hikes
About the tour:
Ulta 3900 m –Laguna Huallcacoha 4355 m.
We leave Carhuaz at 5:30 a.m., then from the Ulta pampa we ascend along a well-marked path to the Huallcacocha lagoon 4355 m. We pass in the middle of a forest of quenuales. Some zig zags anticipate the arrival at the dam built in the 80s to contain the waters. We continue along the southern crest of the lagoon, already looking for a path through the vegetation to have the best views. From the lagoon you can see the snow-capped Chopicalqui 6350 m, Huascarán 6768 m with their south faces. To the east is the immense glacier of Cancaracá 5500 m and the fascinating Ulta 5875 m so always vertical. Lunch and return to Ulta by the same path.
3H ascent+455m/ 1H30 descent-455m Approximate.
5 km approx.
Includes and does not include
- Briefing and introduction to trekking-
- Trekking guide. Collective material, rope. First aid kit.
- Income Huascarán National Park –
- Snack Sandwich golden chicken and vegetables, fruit, biscuit, chocolate, dry fruit.
- Private transfer to Valle Ulta 5 am from Carhuaz – and return 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm approx.
- Documentation of covid-19 protocols for Trekking.